Across the road from the church, Mr Monkey almost tripped over a plaque warning him not to break Farringdon Park, or any of the trees, bushes or fences in it. As if a monkey would do anything like that. The park was left to the people of Swindon in 1844 by Colonel Villett, and has been used for all sorts of entertainment, including fetes and cricket matches ever since.
Copyright Rik Shepherd and Mr Monkey. This page last modified 30 October 2005